On this day, 10 years after her brutal murder, let us remember Manorama who was raped and killed by the Indian Army. As people of a country that claims to be free, let us resolve to unite across all states and demand:
• Action in pending cases of sexual violence perpetrated by state forces in the Northeast, Kashmir, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and other situations of conflict.
• Withdrawal of armed forces from civilian areas.
• Repeal of AFSPA and other laws that provide impunity to armed forces.
• Justice for women as citizens of this country and not as subjects under martial law.
• Implementation of the Verma Commission guidelines relating to sexual offences in conflict areas.
Join the campaign to repeal AFSPA. Distribute this pamphlet freely.